The childcare centre where the MonkeyFish goes for two days a week had their Christmas Party at the park the other Sunday. It was a bring a plate affair with Santa bearing gifts and arriving in a hotrod, much to the delight of the little kids.
Buster made some Anzac biscuits to take along and my mum, eager to see the MonkeyFish with Santa, had brought along some leftover rumballs that she'd made for a Christmas Party the previous evening. Quite liking a rumball now and then, I tried one and nearly died of alcohol poisoning. Apparently there was an incident with the rum. The recipe said to put the sultanas in a bowl and then add enough rum to cover them. Unfortunately my mother didn't realise that as she was adding rum, the sultanas were merrily floating on the surface - so they kept rising as she kept adding.
I was worried that if I spoke to anyone, they'd smell the rum on my breath and think I was a lush. So we took the rumballs home and even the dog turned her nose up at them. Well, I guess there are worse fates.