Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Work

So I'm back at work for a few weeks to help out - one day in the office and one day from home. Thought I'd share with you what going to work means to a mother of a 3 year old and a 6 month old.

Drinking my coffee in the manner in which it is served ie hot
Going to the bathroom without an audience
Eating without having share my lunch with the gaping maw that is the eldest
40 minutes of uninterrupted quiet time on the bus to work
And 40 minutes of uninterrupted quiet time on the bus home from work
Wearing clothes for an entire day without getting baby-puke on them
Wearing makeup that is not applied in the car en route to somewhere
Getting in an elevator without having to check that any part of my entourage gets stuck in the door
A day without tears (mostly)
Talking to other adults without a small monster swinging on your leg saying 'mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy'

Ahhhh, happy days. Did I also mention that I get PAID to show up? And my workmates say thankyou *AND* please without prompting.

1 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! Cool!

I don't have kids, so I can't imagine where work feels like a vacation - hope it stays fun as long as possible.

10:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home