Monday, December 19, 2005

A happy afternoon

On Sunday we took the plunge and visited the toy shop for a bit of Christmas shopping for the kids on our list. Which sounds far more serious than it really was, I mean, we only have three kids on the list. Not having been to a toy store for a while, I was excited to stumble on Viewfinders. Now cast your minds back to your youth - did you have viewfinder? They're like little binocular type things and you slide in these little cardboard disks with colour pictures. When you look through the eye-pieces, hey presto, you get a 3D colour image. You then click the little lever and it goes to the next little image. And best of all, no batteries required.

So I got all excited and was secretly planning to buy my own as I used to love mine as a child. But I didn't have to. Handsomest assured me that my old viewfinder was still at the back of the cupboard. Sure enough, there it was and even better, the box still contained my old slides I had as a child. I had MASH, Welcome Back Kotter, The Wiz, Annie, one about prehistoric life, Snow White and the seven dwarfs and a few others that escape my mind right now. I even still had the little black and white booklets that came with the slides.

Oh, what a happy afternoon I had.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no such cupboards of childhood memories... but I do distinctly remember having a Peanuts disc.

I figure Mum wrapped them all up 100 years ago and put them under the Smith Family Christmas Tree with my Barrel of Monkeys and my Mr Potato Head.

Hey, did a View Finder feature in Toy Story?

6:34 pm  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

so funny--i was just thinking about viewfinders the other day . . .

8:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm down with the viewfinders and all, but you lost me somewhere here. I thought Handsomest was outski. Ya gotta keep us up to speed here girl!

11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home