Thursday, December 08, 2005

I've come to take (a nice, sterile test tube of) your BLOOOOOD!!!

So I've been taking those damn iron tablets for over three months now and the guy in the white coat (well, its a metaphorical white coat - not an actual white coat) has demanded that I give another guy (in an actual white coat) about three tubes of my lifeblood to play with so they can see if my iron levels have improved.

Of course, the test was due at the end of November but I didn't procrastinate for my country for nothing. Finally, on Tuesday, I managed to drag my sorry arse down to the blood letting place of horror. I don't like it there, I don't like there at all.

At this point you probably need to know that I am such a wuss that I actually have to lie down when they take blood. Thankfully, the man was nice about it and believed me when I told him that if he used one of those horrible vacutainer things, I'd get a huge bruise on my arm. So he used a tiny, little needle and a little plastic tube which slowly drained into the test tubes. When he was done, he even found a roll of the hypo-allergenic tape to stick the little cotton ball in place.

I was so proud of myself for not crying.

2 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

Well done! It's never fun to see one's ichor escaping.

4:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a danged girly way to look at things. But, then again, you are a girl, and a lazy one at that, so HEY! It's OK.

YOU GO GIRL!!!

8:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home