Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I have a black belt in bar stools

Believe it or not, this is a real movie quote.

It is best spoken in response to the following phrase - "Listen skinny, before you start talking tough, I'd better warn you I've got a black belt in karate. So why don't you get out of here quietly, while you still got some teeth left in that ugly face?"

For full effect ensure that you are a six foot black woman with an outstanding 'fro and are currently standing in a gay bar surrounded by lesbians dressed in wide-legged denim overalls.

If you have any doubts about the effectivness of this procedure - watch the 1974 version of Foxy Brown.

We went and saw this last night (the double feature at the Globe) and it was wonderful. The other feature was "The Monkey Hustle". I have never seen that much booty in one place. There was tight denim, wide flares, midrift shirts, tight denim, a complete lack of sensible underwear, knee-high socks, tight denim, silly floppy hats, big hair, gold lame as day wear for men and did I mention the tight denim?

Now all I need is to gain about 10 kilos, wear denim patchwork hot pants with knee high socks and roller skates. I will be sooooo hip. For 1974.

4 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

"I have never seen that much booty in one place."

And I haven't laughed so hard in quite some time.

9:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Don't knock 1974. It was a ROCKIN' year! For one thing, I was in Australia for the first third of that year.

10:04 am  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

Now all I need is to gain about 10 kilos, wear denim patchwork hot pants with knee high socks and roller skates. I will be sooooo hip. For 1974.

We look forward to seeing the photos. In a sick, twisted sort of way.

11:30 am  
Blogger Litany said...

Funny stuff! I need to find out if they're playing movies like this where I live.

7:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home