Wednesday, July 06, 2005

What did your father teach you?

Last night we went and saw a double feature at the newly re-opened Globe in the Valley and it was such fun that I know we'll be going again. It cost us $10 bucks each (normally $15 but if you have a group of four it's $40), the popcorn was free and we were able to take our beers into the film - life doesn't get much better than this.

At the Globe, they have this theory that not all movies demand reverence - some just beg to be shouted at, mocked or jeered. So, with our drinks in one hand and our laughter in the other, we watched "The American Astronaut" and "Arizona Dream".

The American Astronaut totally blew us away. I seriously thought I was going to die from laughing. I can't even begin to describe this film without sounding like a pretentious git, so if you're interested, have a look at imdb. And the soundtrack was fecking awesome.

Next week is The Deadly Spawn and The Lair of the White Wyrm. If you live in BrisVegas - get yourself along to the Globe.

And in case you were wondering - my father taught me to kill the sunflower.

1 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

When I think of 'The Globe', I picture the plays of Shakespeare being performed, not a double feature.

Sounds like a fun outing!

5:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home