Thursday, July 07, 2005

Where's the sympathy?

Hello, it's me. I'm sick. That's right. My sinuses hurt, my nose is blocked and I am cross. Where's the sympathy? No, don't look at me. I haven't brushed my hair since yesterday. And that's the doona off the spare bed over there on the couch. And I'm wearing sunglasses to watch the tv because my eyes hurt. And all I've eaten for the last two days is hot chocolate and ginger nut biscuits. And all I'm capable of reading is old Footrot Flats comic books. And, worst of all, I am breathing through my mouth.

Maybe I should go to the doctor.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For us Fat Bald Married Guys, what the heck is a doona?

11:53 pm  
Blogger Craig said...

Actually, for those of us who still have hair too.

12:26 am  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

How awful! Hope you feel better soon.

2:07 am  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

doona = comforter/duvet

2:07 am  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Thank you for the sympathy MC. The rest of you can stick an Australian edition dictionary where - well - I won't go any further because I was brought up to be a lady.

5:45 pm  
Blogger Craig said...

Oh, come on. You know we were all quite worried about you. We were just too emotionally distraught to talk about it, so we asked about the doona.

8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home