Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Arguments R Us

I went to the races on Saturday with Ven and some of his friends from work. The day started innocently enough with a glass of champagne at a friends place. Of course, two bottles of champagne between three people is always entertaining and while Ven's friend was getting ready, Ven and I ended up having an argument about the Amish of all things.

I really can't even remember what the argument was about, but, suffice to say, Ven is the most argumentative person I know (even more argumentative than me, I mean). He will argue any point of view, just for the sake of it. But most of all, he likes to argue about something that he doesn't even know anything about. He really loves coming up with a contrary point of view, especially if it is offensive, and will hammer home his point until you will agree with anything in the hope that he just shuts up and gives you some peace.

It's very entertaining to watch other people's reactions when he starts an argument about which kitchen drawer the spoons should go in.

3 Comments:

Blogger L said...

at lease no one holds permanent grudges over useless arguments :)

at least, I don't think they do

1:06 pm  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

Yeah, but which kitchen drawer do the Amish go in?

12:22 pm  
Blogger Craig said...

Sadly, I have gotten into arguments regarding the Amish before as well. I'm not sure what the context of your argument was, since I live near "Amish country" I have gotten into arguments with other people about whether or not someone should qualify as a tourist attraction based on their faith. I'm always the one arguing the negative, since I can't imagine how gawking at people and saying, "Ooh, they're different than me. Look how very weird they are." can be anything other than degrading. But maybe that's just me.

12:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home