Thursday, May 12, 2005

Oh God, I'm sooo ashamed.

Last night at Uni, some more members of the class gave their seminar presentations and Owen was one of the lucky volunteers. I can't remember what his topic was because I didn't understand a word of what he said. He was a bit nervous and was talking at a break neck speed. I asked him slow down a bit, which he did but then sped up again and became unintelligible. It didn't help that Georgia (he's from Georgia - that's not actually his name) and I got the giggles halfway through and embarrassed Owen further.

After class, we caught up with Owen on the way out and I copiously apologised for giggling like a five year old through his presentation. He said it was ok, he was trying to speak slower but he was very nervous. Apparently he was also trying to overcome a stutter that he gets during public speaking. Great. Now it looks like we were laughing at the stuttering guy. Luckily, Owen wasn't upset or offended and promptly hared off - probably for a medicinal whiskey at the student bar. I was so mortified that Georgia and I immediately collapsed in hysterics.

It wasn't that I actually was laughing at Owen, it was more the kind of laughing that happens when you are desperately trying not to laugh. I'm not really evil.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. it's so great to mentioned. :) And to anyone reading this I concur with all statements herein containing or refering to "BERNADETTE" She's a mad ol hat. Frankly ....frightening. I reckon she should come to the states. She'd fit in GREAT.

Georgia

3:48 pm  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

why the hell are you commenting here? get a life will you!

8:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed sadly now that i have returned to the Georgia after which i am named I have no life but that of the recolection of BERNADETTE. I find i miss her beyond all reckoning. I think maybe I am in love. Would you o kind woman from Buddism who got a lower mark than me :) (6) please pass my love and adoration to that beautiful manifestation that is BERNADETTE. I eagerly anticipate your reply

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home