Sunday, May 15, 2005

Table for four?

You know, I never really thought that I was a very predictable but it turns out that I am, very much, a creature of habit. How do I know? Well, I'm glad you asked.

I was talking to the Gorgeous Tall One the other day and she made the comment that if I was ever running late for dinner at a restaurant, she thought that she could order for me and choose the same thing that I would. Hah, I thought, you fool.

Ok, she says, you would have the Atlantic Salmon for mains, with a glass (or three) of Savignon Blanc, and the Creme Brulee for dessert. Damn it - she's right. And my only defence is that I really like Salmon.

But if Salmon is not on the menu, things get really ugly. I don't eat red meat but I will eat chicken and fish so I'm not really a vegetarian. Handsomest is a lot more careful than I am about the red meat thing - I have been known to eat a ham, cheese and tomato toasted sandwich if he is not looking. I'm also allergic to leeks and fennel and I don't really like rosemary or sundried tomatoes very much. And I won't eat prawns if I have to peel them (I just can't stand their wiggly little antennae and the way they look at you). Nor am I keen on anything with tentacles.

In most restaurants, this tends to thin out the menu somewhat. And the worse part is that I'm one of those hideous people who ALWAYS asks for something that is not on the menu. Handsomest reckons that when we go into a restaurant, a big red flashing light goes off in the kitchen and the chef walks out the door, refusing to work under these conditions.

Anyone for dinner on Saturday night?

1 Comments:

Blogger L said...

sounds like you have a food preference that is similar to mine-- I almost always order salmon (or snapper) too.... yum!

9:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home