Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ouch, that hurt!

The poor baby had to have his 2 month old vaccinations yesterday and it sucked. He had one injection in the left leg, two in the right leg and one dose of an oral vaccine. And he didn't like it one bit. Thankfully he stopped crying pretty quick but the vaccines make them irritable and unsettled all day so everytime I put him down he started crying again until he was picked up again. And at nearly 6kgs, my arms were quite tired by bedtime.

But at least he won't get:

Pneumococcal;
Polio;
Diptheria;
Tetanus;
Pertussis;
Hepatitis B; or
Haemophilus Influenzae type B.

The oral vaccine is a new one called Rotatec and prevents a particular strain of common gastroenteritis.

Thankfully he is a much happier camper today. And he's started chuckling and laughing when he smiles. It's the cutest thing ever.

He's also started sleeping all night now so we are pretty excited - last night he went to sleep at 9pm and woke up at 6am. He had something to eat and then drifted back off to sleep until 8am. Admittedly I also went back to sleep while poor Buster had to get up and do some work.

We are also back walking again. Now that he's sleeping so well, and I'm not so tired, I have no excuses for avoiding exercise. We've been going for an hours walk down around the lake and back with the baby in the pram. I'll try to remember to take my camera next time so I can show you some pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Oh poor little Julius. Injections are so cruel!

That is great that he is sleeping through now! Must be a relief. I had forgotten what sleep was until one morning E asked me 'did you get up to Finn last night', and me being in such a daze couldn't remember as i'd been up every night for the previous 10 weeks. So we rushed into his room thinking the worst and there he was wide awake and ready for his tucker.

Sigh. You'll start feeling alive again now!

8:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home