Monday, August 06, 2007

Just one more little mystery

This afternoon I was baking Anzac biscuits when I looked under the table and saw the strangest thing. Resting on our green shopping bags (that I left on the floor - sloth that I am) was a smallish, brown square thing. Upon closer examination, ie on my hands and knees, it proved to be a chocolate crackle.


How on earth did a chocolate crackle decide to make its final resting place the green bags under our table? I mean, for an inanimate object, and a delicious lunch box treat at that, it seems odd.


I rang our dinner guests from last night to ascertain if any of them had secreted the chocolate crackle under the table, but no one was owning up to it. Buster denied any knowledge of it, as did the baby, so the only logical explanation (aside from the aliens leaving it there - they were too busy last night not putting their coffee cups in the dishwasher) is that the cat did it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Russell Egan said...

Most strange indeed!

11:20 am  
Blogger Matt said...

Multi-dimensional crackle beings, perhaps?

12:31 pm  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

I admit it. It was me.

1:36 pm  
Blogger Lin said...

Perhaps the chocolate crackle IS the alien. Huh? Huh?

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home