Monday, January 09, 2006

Tales from the classroom

Well - the title sounds more exciting than it really is - sorry about that. I'm teaching my fourth class tomorrow - we are doing adjective structures and dependent prepositions. A dependent preposition essentially refers to an adjective with a particular preposition that goes with it. For example - certain about (about is a dependent preposition - so you wouldn't say certain with, of, to, at etc).

Thankfully this is an easy one to understand because I am living in fear that the students will realise that I'm bluffing and that I actually have no idea about the hard stuff - like verb structures. I'm also pretty crap at verb tenses. I'm sure once I've managed to "get it", they'll stay stuck in my brain, but I just can't get my head around them yet.

I'm sorry I don't have anything else exciting to tell you about - but I no longer have a life. This morning I got to college at 8.15am and left at 6.15pm. Only 15 more working days to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just know that everyone goes through life "bluffing". Do not be concerned. Guaranteed, when you master that "bluff", there will be a new "bluff" to replace it. :-)

9:55 am  
Blogger Craig said...

Besides, if they are like every other student on earth, if they do realize it, it will not be the first time they found out a teacher didn't know it all. Everyone at one point or another realizes that the teacher doesn't really know much more than them and is basically bluffing.

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home