Monday, July 25, 2005

Proof that my brain is a technological wasteland

On 7/20/05, Laziest Girl < laziestofgirls@yahoo.com.au > wrote:
anyway, do you know what happened to the comments on the book group page - I can't see them anymore.

On 7/20/05, Fount of Useless Information < fountofuselessinformation@gmail.com> wrote:
I think MC Etcher deleted one of his comments. That screwed me up before. Try to clear the cache of your browser and then reloading the page.

Let me know if that works.


Fount of Useless Information < fountofuselessinformation@gmail.com> wrote:
Did this work? Were you able to see the comments

On 7/24/05, Laziest Girl wrote:
as I have no idea how to clear my cache (is this a euphemism?) I didn't do anything - but the problem seems to have fixed itself now.

Fount of Useless Information wrote:
What browser are you using? Internet Explorer? Knowing this will help, and I can tell you how to clear it if it happens again (assuming you care).

It's not a euphemism. The cache is the temporary files from the internet that your browser is storing so that it can load pages faster if you have visited it before. In this case, the comments section had changed and it tried to use the old one, but part of it was missing (the deleted comment) so it didn't work properly. This has to do with the script I half-wrote/half-copied for the comments.

Wait, this is one of those conversations you described a while back where you just drift of after about a sentence isn't it?


On 7/24/05, Laziest Girl wrote:
yep. I got half way through the second paragraph. curse you.


And if you ask CK about the Gmail conversation we had - I think he will actually cry.

12 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

The worst part is that I got no sympathy here. MK just read this, laughed out loud and said, "You're such a dork!"

9:38 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

Imagine living with this for 7 years (and counting).

9:38 am  
Blogger Matt said...

I imagine I'm married to somebody who could relate.

12:11 pm  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

What I would describe as a monversation - two people involved, but one just stops being interested at the start.

Beautiful.

10:48 pm  
Blogger granola girl said...

I imagine that I'm the dork that people stop listening to... CK, I relate, you poor man.

12:47 am  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

My fault again? I should be banished.

Did you ever find out how to clear your cache?

If not, I'll give you the steps you'll need - it's very easy, once you know how.

2:11 am  
Blogger Craig said...

Sure it's easy, but good luck trying to explain it to her. I offered and look what's happened.

2:54 am  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

A) Ah, but you were trying to describe what a cache is, when she doesn't seem to care.

B) Steps are different. Especially lettered ones, yow!

7:09 am  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

hello? I'm right here you know - I can hear you.

9:56 am  
Blogger Craig said...

It's really quite sad. You post to talk about your technological wasteland of a brain, and somehow I'm the boring dork, who's the new cure for insomnia.

11:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you explained it very well in layman's terms. I bet she took it all in and will store it up to impress some boy in the future.

12:40 pm  
Blogger Litany said...

You guys be nice to Laziest! We aren't all computer nerds.

6:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home