Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Writing, writing, writing and procrastinating

Can't believe that a week has whizzed by already.

I've finally finished writing my 2000 word essay on Divination in Israel (and it's only a week overdue). It's ok but I'm not really expecting brilliant marks on it. There was so little material available that I ended up making half of it up. I was interested to find out why, if divination was prohibited, was divination still being practiced. I came to the conclusion that it was because it was only illicit for ordinary people - priestly divination was still ok. By prohibiting divination, they were trying to stamp out divination that wasn't about God.

I've also finished writing my third short response paper about our pal Maududi (the complete tosser). The rant I critiqued blamed birth control and nationalism for the forecast fall of the Western Nations. Honestly, he's such a twat.

What else have I been doing? I read Slaughterhouse Five on Saturday. It was really interesting and I quite enjoyed it. Venerable has promised to meet me after Uni to argue about it. I also read an English translation of a Japanese book called Diary of a Mad Old Man which I really enjoyed. It was beautiful written and I could just about hear his voice in my head as I read it.

The boys came over for dinner on Friday night and Ven brought Violet Crumble Cheesecake - I nearly passed out with excitement at the meer sight of it. Handsomest made spicy bean stuff with cornbread which was fantastic. Many special strawberry vodka drinks were drunk.

My gorgeous niece came over to play for little while on Saturday - she loves to throw the ball for the Looby the dog. You've got to watch them though, sometimes she doesn't throw it fast enough for the Looby's liking and Looby will try to snatch the ball out of her hand.

We also watched the final series of Black Books which is my new favourite show. The final episode was fantastic - especially when they have a dancing competition.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home