Thursday, September 30, 2004

Because it's all about me.

I am really looking forward to this weekend. Usually for my birthday, we all go to a lovely flash restaurant and generally behave in a marvelously decadent manner. This year, I decided (because it's all about me) that I would like to go to one of our Gold Coast Theme Parks for the day with some of my friends.

Decision made, I sourced some discount tickets, rounded up those who were keen and now it is only three sleeps away. I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to some of the bigger rides but I'm keen for the middling size thrill ones. The Gorgeous Tall One and her partner (we shall call him "Mr A") are mad for the scariest rides and usually try to drag me on them. Clearly I have managed to resist their charms thus far, as I am still alive. Venerable is extremely excited at the prospect of taunting death and I am hoping that I can sacrifice him to the Scary Ride Gods without having to put myself in danger. Handsomest is pretty hopeless on the ride front - he gets sick in the car on the way and anything that spins will make him sick.

In other news, I have been honing my procrastination skills over the semester break by not lifting a finger to do uni work. Of course the seeds of laziness that I am sowing now will only reap stress later on, but, in my world, as I suspect in yours, motivation and inspiration are directly related to due dates. I've got an essay and a short quiz to do for Magic and Astrology and a short response paper and a long essay for Islam. I think I've got three weeks to research and write my final essay for Islam but thankfully the Magic and Astrology stuff is due later than this.

I started reading The Little Prince last night. Not sure what to make of it yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ven. But the true question should be was I brave or merely incredibly stupid. I should also come clean and admit that I refused to watch "The Claw" during the test runs - this was the only way I could contemplate getting on it. Ah ha - ignorance!

11:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home