Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Knowledge is pouring in right now. Well, maybe pouring around is more accurate.

Good news on the uni front - only three pieces of assessment left to go. I got back my essay for Hinduism and, I'm pleased to say that, I got 18 out of 20. So if you have any lingering questions about the origin of the Hindu caste system, fire away.

I've also started listening to Bill Brysons "A Short History of Nearly Everything". I'm a bit freaked out by it all to be truthful. I'm now wishing for the darkness of ignorance to surround me once more. So far I've heard about the big bang (well, the singularity thing) and the solar system and I think I've got most of it. But I'm not sure how much more of this detail I can take - do you guys want to place a bet on how long it will be until I either self-destruct or put the cd's in the microwave for 4 minutes on high?

I'll try to restrain myself my bombarding you with facts about the number of moons in the solar system etc.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Frizzy Hair....what would would you recommend as a good book for someone interested in finding out about Hinduism? Just basic info, not something to research a uni assignment. From what I've heard, I think Hindu is about the only organised religion that I could almost like.

8:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

18 out of 20! You rock!

5:18 pm  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

They're airing Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' on The Science Channel.

If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it.

1:47 am  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Mr/Ms Anonymous - I really haven't read a great deal about Hinduism. I know that this will destroy your faith in the willingness of students to learn but I have to come clean. Our recommended text for Hinduism is "Hinduism" by R. C. Zaehner - it's a small book and is probably quite good, I just haven't read it yet (and I probably won't unless you are actually my lecturer in which case I'll be reading it on the weekend).

MC Etcher - we don't have the science channel here in Australia. Perhaps you could take some notes and send them to me by carrier pigeon.

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home