Monday, October 03, 2005

Pastéis de Nata (or Portuguese Custard Tarts)

As you all know, Handsomest Husband comes from a Portuguese background, and frankly, the best thing about being invited to eat in a Portuguese household is the pasteis de nata (suprisingly, I don't consider the salted cod to be the countries best culinary delight). The best description I can give you is that they are little pastry cups with a custard filling. However this doesn't really explain their addictive nature. They are the most delicious things I've ever eaten.

As it is my birthday on Tuesday, Handsomests Mater prepared a dozen pasteis de nata for a special morning tea at work. In fact, I have them in my very possession right now. And I've got to say that the lure of just eating every single one of them is pretty strong. The only thing stopping me is that I'm scared of morphing into an Australian Augustus Gloop.

3 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

Sounds delicious! You're making me hungry hours before lunch, darn it!

5:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Wong!!!

I hope those little pastry thingies are still available for your morning tea today.

And if they're not... stuff 'em! :-)

7:24 am  
Blogger L said...

great. now I'm hungry again

1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home