Friday, September 21, 2007

Just your average 6 year old

My 6 year old niece, EJ, has been staying with us for few days and I have to say, 6 year olds are quite funny because they have the attention span of your average house plant.

It takes nearly 30 minutes to get dressed for school because on the way to the bedroom you have to play with the cat, look at the dead lizard on the floor, find your favourite pencil at the bottom of your school bag, find auntie because you have to blow your nose, see if the dead lizard is still dead, pull faces at the baby, show the baby the animal noises book, show the baby the dead lizard, show the baby the cat, ask auntie for a drink of water etc.

The only negative about 6 year olds is the amount of dirt that they accumulate - it's quite amazing. EJ takes her shoes off in the bathroom and then I take them out side and empty out the dirt and sand. The only feasible explanation for the sheer amount of dirt she accumulates is that she actually rolls in it. After her bath, I actually have to wash the topsoil out of the bathtub.

The baby is really enjoying her visit too. When she has a bath at night, I buckle Squirmy McBaby into is his little rocker chair and leave him in the bathroom with her. She's sings him little songs and tells him about school that day while he lies there cooing and laughing. It's very cute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Wow Suse you deserve a medal for looking after a six year old and your own bub. I have my near-three year old every Thursday and it near kills me. We have fun, but at the end of the day i'm happy with just one... for now!

7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suse dear, I think you've reached a point where the Laziest moniker ain't gwine hold anymore.

10:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home