Thursday, December 01, 2005

Laziest Voyeur

My new job is located back in the CBD of BrisVegas and I've got to say that I am loving the view. By some freak of beauracy, I've ended up with a much sought after window seat. For those of you familiar with Brisbane, from my window I can see the Brisbane River on the left (the stretch between QPAC and the William Jolly Bridge), all the way up George Street to Roma St Station and on the right I can see as far as the Hilton.

But the dominant building (if, when facing my computer, I turn my head to the left) is a snazzy new apartment building on the next block. Even as I type this, I'm gazing out the window and watching people on their balconies. I just sit here and wonder who these people are and what their lives are like and why the people in that unit there have three mountain bikes on their balcony. There is also an apartment with a little kid in it and he keeps running out to look over the balcony then his mother comes out and drags him back inside. I can even see the lap pool from here, and I've got to say that most of the people who use it, have an appalling stroke. At least half of them look like they are actually drowning not swimming laps. It's positively Un-Australian.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note to self: Don't hire any lazy-but-clever girls from BrisVegas.

-FBMG, Rutland, Vermont, USA
a.k.a. Rut-Vegas

10:11 am  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

I'd be tempted to hand-deliver a babygate to the lady with the kid.

Worrying about him would impact my productivity...

10:43 am  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

My productivity is nearly nil anyway - it would take a natural disaster to impact it any further.

1:51 pm  
Blogger Craig said...

Low productivity? Should we expect anything else from someone whose first name is Laziest?

Hey, you changed your "about" section over on the side.

So...what's CBD?

10:19 am  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Yeah, I changed my profile too, Mr Eagle Eyes. Got to keep things up to date for the fan base, you know.

CBD is an acronymn of Central Business District. It's where we keep all the tall buildings.

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home