Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Here is a dentist but we can not reveal his name

I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in over two years. I don't like going to the dentist. I only went because my mother made me. Here I am, 33 years old, and my mother is making me go to the dentist. Yet more evidence that I am in desperate need of therapy.

Anyway, it wasn't so bad. Well, it wasn't as bad as I feared. He was nice (for a dentist). He didn't get mad when I told him I didn't floss, wasn't planning on starting to floss and I wasn't going to lie and say that I would floss. You hear that? I don't floss. He said that if, after I brush my teeth, I started rinsing my mouth with mouthwash, that this was nearly as good as flossing.

Oh my god. Stop the presses. All this time I've been thinking that if I don't floss I might as well be murdering small children in some forgotten African country and he tells me that it's ok not to floss. Again - it's ok not to floss.

Can the world of dentistry handle such revelations? I know now that I can never reveal his name or the evil minions of dentistry will hunt him down and make it look like an accident. He's revealed the sacred truth about flossing hereby ending a conspiracy that we have never even suspected exisited.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Oh, and my teeth are perfect by the way. No decay, no gum disease and no other generally gross stuff. He cleaned them for me and sent me on my merry way.

10:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you don't floss.

12:07 pm  
Blogger Craig said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:54 pm  
Blogger Craig said...

Apparently I'm an idiot, since I just made a comment that was almost exactly like something you said in your post.

Yes, I did quite well on reading comprehension tests as a child. Why do you ask?

I'm off to hang my head in shame now.

12:56 pm  
Blogger sarah said...

oooh i haven't been for at least three years, very scared about venturing back...

4:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home