Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The sound of Laziest Girl being found to NOT actually be a terrorist

So today I traipse up to the post office to send a couple of my sampler CD's off (Laziest Girl - The Sound of No Apostrophes). One was going to Blandy in Western Australia and the other was going to Aurora in the US. No problem, I thought. People post stuff all the time.

Apparently when you send something (other than a letter) internationally now, it is not as easy as you might think. Not only have to fill in the customs declaration to say that you are not posting human body parts, but you also have to present a valid drivers license so they can find you if it turns out that you actually posted a hand grenade.

So I fill in all the paperwork (ok, there wasn't actually that much) and give the Post Office Lady my drivers license. "Geez, it's a bit of a circus now trying to post something isn't it", I say, expert that I am in stating the bleeding obvious. "Yeah, it's a real pain", says Post Office Lady. "Do you want a thumb-print and a saliva sample while I'm here?", quip I - honestly, I amuse myself no end. "No, saliva samples aren't required on Wednesdays and we can get your thumb-print off the stamp", says Post Office Lady.

Damn. Out-jousted by the Post Office Lady.

8 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

That's hilarious, and hopefully it will make you think twice before the next time you mess with someone in public service.

11:09 pm  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

See, that's the thing. To you they were fresh and original witty comments, to the post office lady same old same old.

This is why I never try to be funny - ever, anywhere, or for any reason.

12:03 am  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

Don't feel too bad about being out-jousted. The Post Office hears those kinds of comments all the time - it probably took her weeks to come up with that witty comeback.

1:52 am  
Blogger Chief Slacker said...

I do think it's a requierment to either be and asshole or a totla smartass to work at the post office. Much like DMVs. Don't feel bad. But do post a trivia question :O)

5:11 am  
Blogger Becki said...

Yay...I'm so excited to get an LG cd.

6:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Piss off, Postie!"

-Vyvyan, The Young Ones

3:38 am  
Blogger Craig said...

Funny. All I had to do was pay them.

8:16 am  
Blogger L said...

ha ha! at least she had a sense of humor-- they usually don't

8:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home