Friday, August 05, 2005

Censorship fuss?

I went and saw Mysterious Skin last night at the cinema. And frankly I can't see what the all censorship fuss is all about.

In case you don't know, there has been a big hoo-haa recently about the 'R' rating that this film has been given. Apparently the Federal Attorney-General's office asked for the review after receiving complaints about the child sexual abuse in the film from the Australian Family Association and the Festival of Light. It's interesting that the Australian Family Association, without seeing the film, called Mysterious Skin a "how to manual" for paedophiles.

Anyway, rationality has prevailed and the Classification Review Board has decided that the film should retain its 'R' rating. And it is an awesome film. Some parts were a bit brutal but I really enjoyed it - I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. But the point of this post is that I hate censorship. If you don't want to see a film, no one is making you go. Stop whining and allow people to make informed decisions. It's not your job to decide what is suitable for me to watch - so feck off with yourself Australian Family Association.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

1:04 am  
Blogger Craig said...

So, either that's spam or someone read your blog and thought that you were in desperate need of more education.

2:22 am  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Yep.

And for your information, anonymous, what kind of phrase is "advancing your life a bit"?

Can I get cash out? What is the interest rate? How much of my life do I have to advance?

8:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home