Monday, February 27, 2006

A day in the life of the unemployable

You know, now that I am on holidays (or technically speaking "unemployed") until the first of April, I thought that I would have loads of time to blog. I could keep you all well entertained with my witty and pithy observations and amuse you all endlessly with my unique-ness. Instead, my brain has turned into a big, fat marshmallow and all I do is lie around watching tv and reading books that I've already read ten times.

This morning, for instance, I got up at 7.30am. I ate three weetbix and a banana smoothie for breakfast. I had a shower, got dressed then lay on the couch watching a cooking show. I've just finished a nice cup of tea and when I've finished here, I might go and have a nap. I'm also re-reading a novel by Nicole Mones about chinese porcelain. I'm going to see the Acuphysio after lunch and I'm making Thai Green Chicken Curry for dinner. After dinner, I'll probably watch Mythbusters, then eat some chocolate and go to bed absolutely exhausted from my busy, jam-packed day.

Relaxing is so damn tiring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Well, if there is anything I've learned from my mother-in-law, it's that having no job and doing absolutely nothing is extremely tiring.

2:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember one time I was laid off from one job, had another job lined up and was on the dole in between & had nothing to do but wait. Alas, doing nothing and being an even lazier slob than usual was absolutely everything I dreamed it could be and more. For some reason, if left alone, my body tends to shift towards being up all night and sleeping during the day. But, when I actually worked overnights, I was always tired and could never sleep well. Go figure.

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home