Monday, October 24, 2005

Why my feet hurt

Jammin' J (aka The Gorgeous Tall One) has been mine (I know, but "mine" sounds cooler than "my") friend for a very long time. Well, a medium length of time that seems long because I am feeling very youthful today, but I digress. Actually, I think I'm fibbing rather than digressing because I'm not feeling that youthful, really, as my feet hurt. And why do my feet hurt you ask? Because, and back to Jammin' J, we went to a wedding on the weekend. We caught up a group of friends that I haven't seen in a while and we had a wonderful time.

Yes, it was much fun. Except for the dancing. And not ordinary dancing mind you, there was Macedonian dancing. And I really need to get in here first as Jammin' J will deny it outright - but she sucks at Macedonian dancing - and I now have bruises all over my feet from her stepping on them. Those bruises had absolutely nothing to do with the vast quantities of excellent champagne that were being quaffed and everything to do with Jammin' J trying to squash me like a bug.

So you heard it here first folks. Remember, step one, two, three, kick left, kick right, step one, two, three, kick left, kick right, step one, two, three ........

2 Comments:

Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hope your feet feel better soon!

What exactly is Macedonian dancing? I mean sure, everyone knows about Etruscan dancing, but...

2:32 am  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Well, it's pretty similar to Etruscan dancing only there are no human sacrifices.

Every one stands in a big circle holding hands - three steps to the right then small kick with left foot to the right, then another small kick with the right foot to the left and then three steps to right and so on.

Sometimes the circles come apart and become long lines that wind through the crowd and the tables. The beauty of it is that you only have to remember these few steps - every single dance is the same but to different music!

8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home