Monday, June 13, 2005

so I do exist (and it is all about me)

A friend of ours, who shall be called the Vice-President of Logic (for the obvious reasons), is currently staying at Casa LG while visiting from Melbourne. He used to work with Handsomest (at the EvilOilCorporation) but relocated to Melbourne about 18 months ago. Anyway, the Vice-President of Logic has reached an age worthy of significant acknowledgement, and last night we went to a BBQ with some of his other Brisbane friends. Pleiades Girl was there with MQ and a bunch of other people that I know only slightly.

Anyway, I met this guy (Kiwi-Rock-Guru (sorry, as in rock music not geology)) who used to do a radio show with the V-P of Logic. I've met him a couple of times before, but I haven't really ever spoken to him. Turns out that not only did he grow up within 5 kms of where I was born (Aucklands North Shore), and not only does he know my Uncle's rally car driving brothers in NZ, but he also used to work and DJ at a Goth club that I used to sneak into when I was underage here in BrisVegas.

And this, my friends, is why the world is a scary place. It does not even have the common decency to at least give me six degrees of separation - no, no, no. It just comes right out with it and sledge hammers me with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home