Friday, January 28, 2005

Anything scary is very scary.

I remember when I was about 15, we used to watch all of the most scary videos from the video shop (hear that kids, we didn't have DVD's in my day, we used to have to go to the video shop). Our favourites were the Nightmare on Elm Street films - we must have watched them about fifty times.

So why is it that I am now completely unable to watch anything scary? I tried to watch "I know what you did last summer" and didn't even get past the first five minutes. Same with Blade. If anything, my tolerance is decreasing. The scariest movie that I have watched in the last five years would be Identity with John Cusack. I even had to close my eyes in Harry Potter (when the spiders were chasing the car). How pathetic is that.

2 Comments:

Blogger glomgold said...

Scared even by Harry Potter? I thought the scariest thing was his bad haircut. Perhaps this is one of those things that just takes practice and more exposure to slowly numb the effects?

3:14 pm  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

But I seem to be going in reverse. I used to be able to watch scary things, but now my tolerance is decreasing. Does this mean that in five years even Miss Marple will be insufferable?

4:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home