Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Differences

With the MonkeyFish about to be a big brother, it's become very interesting to me to see the differences between children depending on their birth order. One of my friends has three boys, the youngest of whom is about the same age as the MonkeyFish. He's active and busy, just like the MonkeyFish, but seems a lot older as he learns tricks from his older brothers.

The MonkeyFish has just started singing along when I sing nursery rhymes like 'Baa, baa black sheep' and 'Twinkle, twinkle little star'. My friends little boy, however, has just started singing along too - but he sings along to Beyonce - 'All the single ladies'.

Last time we visited them, I learnt that the eldest boy, when being naughty, puts his fingers in his ears and says 'blah, blah, blah ... I'm not listening to you'. But his youngest brother hasn't quite got it yet - his heart is in it but he's just not quite there.

Blah, blah, blah ... you're not listening to me!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous it'smekris said...

I am similarly fascinated by this phenomenon and have a similar tale to tell. While my 2 1/2 year-old child (the elder of 2, her sister only 6 months old) sings endless repetitions of nursery rhymes, the Bananas in Pyjamas theme song, a song she made up about her sister & material of this nature, my friend's little girl of a similar age has taught my little one to sing "Sunshine, Moonlight, Good Times, Boogeys"...with accompanying finger up the nose to indicate where the boogeys are coming from. Nice. Yes, she is the youngest of 5 children in her family! : )

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home