Friday, February 02, 2007

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back ...

So here we are. Back safe and sound in Brisvegas.

Thankfully everything is going well with the baby stuff. We had our ultrasound a few weeks ago and everything looks fine - although we are apparently having a very modest baby as the sonographer wasn't able to see if it's a boy or a girl. We also have an obsterician and are booked into the hospital. Am very relieved to know that Buster probably won't have to deliver the baby in the bathtub at home.

I'm now 21 weeks so I'm just over the halfway mark - our due date is 13 June 2007. The baby is still developing his/her brain and immune system and is now about 19 cm long and weighs 300-400 grams. I am starting to feel the baby moving around and every day my stomach is a slightly different shape depending on how the baby is lying. During the day, the baby is mostly quiet but at night when I go to bed, he/she starts up with the kicking and the tumbleturns. The movements are just getting strong enough that Buster can feel them too. It's a really weird sensation to be just sitting there quietly and have this tapping sensation on the inside.

I've also been spending a lot of time catching up on my reading so I'll have some non-baby stuff to post in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home