Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween - my story

I'm sorry that you all couldn't make it to our Halloween party on Saturday night - we had a great time. I slipped into my Priestly robes (and my two foot high Bishops hat) and found out that I was actually married to Frank (the rabbit) from Donnie Darko.

Mia from Pulp Fiction was there complete with a 200ml hypodermic syringe sticking out of her chest. When she stopped at the Bottle Shop on the way, they apparently didn't notice the syringe which says more about our neighbourhood than Mia's outfit. Elle Driver also came with both the sword and the eye patch. After an hour or so, she had to flip the eye patch up because she couldn't judge how far away her drink was with only one eye and kept missing it when trying to pick it up.

The Grim Reaper came along as well although he did have to remove the skull face when my dog tried to bite him. Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy were both there and I think I've got a photo of them pashing in a dark corner.

We had two suicide bombers who weren't terribly effective as they got hammered and kept losing their TNT. Jammin' J came as the Bride of Dracula and after a few drinks her tulle headpiece got messed up and I kept referring to her as the Beekeeper from Hell.

Andre came as a demon but his mask was hot so he ended up wearing it on the back of his head. I started performing an exorcism on him but when I made the sign of the cross the wrong way he freaked out and thought I was putting demons in rather than casting them out.

Gomez and Morticia fitted in well with their demon offspring (dressed as a baby lion - how cute was that!). Our zombie, complete with blood, had fun although I believe she was disappointed that we didn't have brains on the menu and she had to make do with hommus.

The evil kiwi trinity (a witch, a movie star and a cricketer complete with removeable sideburns) seemed to enjoy themselves immensely and I was impressed that their accents remained thick all evening.

We also were joined by the perfectly matched evil biker and the ski instructor of doom (both of whom were oblivious to the lowering temperatures as the evening progressed).

It was a good night and nobody caught fire. You can't ask for better than that.

Oh - and here's a picture of Lucy after she borrowed Elle Drivers hair. It's unfortunate that they couldn't get the eye patch on too.

 Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

That's really quite mean to do to that poor dog.

1:45 pm  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

Sounds like a fun party! Could you put us on the list for next year?

I always learn new words when I visit - (Pash : a long passionate kiss)

3:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not mean. She loved it. Look at her little face. She said she's always wanted longer blonde hair.

Hey, LG, put up a photo of Handsomest in the Bride of Dracula's heals!

9:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry... heels.

9:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm highly offended that I wasn't invited. I mean I could have been there in......oh......4 days' notice.

1:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home