Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ridiculous excuse for a dog

Yesterday, Izzy started limping around like she'd been crippled - her back left foot was hurting. This morning she was still doing the weird bunny hop thing so I took her to the vet thinking that she might have somehow broken her toe while galloping up and down the backyard.

Izzy is a bit skittish with people she doesn't know, let alone the vet, so I had to drag her over the threshold and it was not a good start. Firstly she tried to bite the vet as she examined the sore foot. Izzy has never even growled at the child and he climbs all over her so I thought, that's ok, her foot must be very sore. So I got a tight grip on her collar while the vet continued the examination. Izzy was whimpering and rolling her eyes so I was expecting the vet to start talking about x-rays. But no. She hasn't broken her toe. Or even sprained her toe. She has pretty much stubbed her toe. No swelling, no nothing.

And then the vet says that Izzy has the lowest pain threshold of any Greyhound that she has ever treated.

Damn dog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I've had dogs that are ridiculously dramatic like that as well. It's kind of embarrassing when you realize that your dog is just being a huge baby.

8:30 pm  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

There's a girl who works at the vet surgery/pet shop near us that I often chat to, and when I told her the story of Izzy at the vet, she had an even better story. She was telling me that her mum rang her on a Friday afternoon at work to say that their dog was limping badly. So she called the vet (a different surgery - one that has an x-ray machine) and her mum rushed the dog in only for the vet to discover that the dog had prickles lodged in it's fur.

10:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home