Monday, March 12, 2007

House news

I think we've found a house to buy. Well, I mean we have found a house we both don't hate, we've agreed on a price with the vendor and we are waiting for financial and lawyerly stuff to happen. Hopefully this means that we will be installed in a house of our very own (partly ours and mostly the banks obviously) in early April. I'm very relieved and Squirmy McBaby is very excited at the thought of not being born a gypsy.

Actually, a lot of things are exciting Squirmy McBaby at the moment. Every time I sit still for more than ten minutes it seems to be the international baby signal for either tumble-turn practice or general toe-twinkling and Mexican wave rehearsals. I swear it feels like an enormous goldfish going round and round my stomach shaped fishbowl (or is that fishbowl-shaped stomach?).

I will be pleased when my brain starts working again too. It's getting difficult to cook things because I forget where I'm up to and usually leave out some crucial ingredient. Or if we go somewhere, I generally forget to take something small but essential. And please don't ask me work out anything to do with money or counting - my brain feels like it has been removed and replaced with fried cotton wool.

4 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

That's very good and very exciting news about the house.

Are we really sure that S McB can be blamed for some of these issues with cooking confusion? After all, don't I recall a post long, long ago on this very site about confusing cornstarch and powdered sugar?

9:28 pm  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Cooking confusion of the past has paled in comparison to the cooking difficulties of the present. Let me illustrate the full extent of my cooking idiocy:

I left the chickpeas out of the chickpea curry.

I left the orange out of the orange and chocolate cake.

I left the chicken out of the chicken and vegetable pie.

8:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark & Suze, congrats on the pending house. See, it's all coming together. What a difference a year makes.

8:16 pm  
Blogger Matt said...

Squirmy McGypsy-Baby is cracking me up. Fingers crossed about the house. I'll send congrats in advance, hoping I don't jinx you.

6:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home