Monday, April 11, 2005

Nothing has changed. Am I suprised? No.

So, it appears that my most lovable qualities are shouldering their way to the front of my life again. I have an article review due on Wednesday for Buddhism and you'll all be delighted to know that I haven't done it (although I have read the article which means that it's half done - right?). I should just go ahead and legally change my damn name to Laziest Girl. No more AKA for me.

This weekend, I did everything execept Uni work. I read Past Mortem by Ben Elton for no other reason than that I hadn't read it yet. It was rather entertaining but the story line was a bit obvious. I kept wanting to shout out who did it but had to restrain myself as Handsomest wants to read it now and he gets really cross if I give away the ending.

I've also nearly finished reading The Shipping News by Annie Proulx for Book Group (which isn't until 1 May - so really, no excuse there). I can't believe that I haven't read this before as I really like her work. I love the way that she uses the physical desolation of the landscape and the emotional desolation of her characters. It's like as the characters begin to heal, the descriptions of the landscape reflects this - more beautiful than stark. Really nice.

I've got a new audio book too - Cloud Stree by Tim Winton. He is an awesome writer - he is so Australian but so NOT ocker - and his work is so accessible. He uses ordinary language but somehow makes it come alive and dance in your mind. Another writer with a keen sense of landscape and its power.

Anyway, an ideal weekend overall. Well, except that I have to write my article review Tuesday night as Mythbusters is on tonight (which, I am mildly ashamed to admit, is my new favourite tv show). Still, it could be worse. At least I'm not watching repeats of Charmed instead of writing my article review (if only because they are not on TV tonight).

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I heard the Shipping News was good, but haven't had the chance to read it yet...

3:37 am  
Blogger Craig said...

There should be no shame in admitting to liking Mythbusters. Charmed on the other hand...

4:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home