Friday, August 19, 2005

Q: So, how have you grown over the past 12 months? - Herge

Thanks Herge - I WAS trying to let it slide by without thinking about it too much.

But you're probably right, I should think about this. I can fit in about 5 minutes worth of thinking time, and that's it. Be thankful I've only got 5 minutes, I say.

So, I first posted on the 17th of August 2004 (you can read it here if you so desire - I wouldn't bother, it's not that interesting) and in retrospect, I haven't really achieved any of the aims that I naively thought would be the point of the blog.

But I have learned that blog without a point is truly good blog. I like being able to witter on pointlessly. Perhaps the best thing about this blog (I'd say window to my soul, but it's clearly more a murky kaleidoscope to my lungs which, frankly, makes you squeamish and gives you vertigo to boot) is that I'm still doing it. I mean, most people would have predicted that my attention span would have well and truly given out by now, but no, I'm still here.

I had hoped to be a little more intellectual, but it seems that my vapid and shallow nature is, little by little, seizing control of my cerebral cortex and before you know it, I will become Britney Spears more caustic psychic twin.

So it appears that I'm not growing at all, I think I'm regressing. Oh well. You can't have everything*. Thanks for bringing this up Herge, it's gone well don't you think?



* I mean, where would you put it all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Growth is really overrated. I'm all for just stagnating, personally.

That said, if you become too Spearsesque, I may stop visiting.

1:13 am  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Regressing is definately better than growing.

After all, weren't most of us happier as children anyway?

9:13 am  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

Wow, growth. I wish I could claim the same. I feel as if I'm in a perpetual holding pattern.

Reading back over my blogs from months ago, I see myself now repeating the same thoughts, as if they have newly occurred to me.

Which they have, because I forgot having them. It's bad.

4:55 am  
Blogger L said...

It's always much more fun to have a pointless blog. Vapid and shallow is always more entertaining than intellectual ;)


* I love Steven Wright -- too funny

1:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home